Wednesday, August 15, 2012

DOWNED LOG

DOWNED LOG

Walking through the forest trails with my adventurous seven year old. I came across a sign that said.........

DOWNED LOG..........

My mind grabs.......I read......

A tidy forest floor is not a healthy forest floor from the PERSPECTIVE of wildlife.  DOWNED LOGS in various stages of decay provide wildlife habitat and maintain forest hydrology which contribute to a moist and healthy forest floor.......

As I read I think of family and  friends.  Some of them.......... DOWNED LOGS  right now.  Life hits hard sometimes.  When "see you later".... turns into goodbyes forever, the doctor says, "there is nothing more we can do", out of our control circumstances, a prodigal son or daughter, the unknown, unresolved family issue's (are to name just a few).

AT TIMES LIFE IS JUST PLAIN UNTIDY JUST LIKE THE FOREST FLOOR........

As I begin to pray for my family and friends.......I feel blocked......I don't know how to pray for them. How do I pray for all the sorrow and pain?  All my words seem to bounce around the room right back at me.  My prayers seem so inadequate.........

AND I FIND MYSELF IN THE FOREST TOO........A DOWNED LOG ..............

I can't fix their problems for them.  I hurt when they hurt.  I want to say the right things or give the right bible verse to ease their pain.........and mine.

Just then HIS WHISPER.........I AM.........

HIS PERSPECTIVE......Yes a DOWNED LOG from His perspective.........Jesus understood this.
When we have fallen (or we are pushed down) can we begin to see from His perspective........
He speaks.........I AM SOVEREIGN........

Sovereign in the dictionary.....superior, greatest, supreme in power and authority, ruler and independent of all others.....or simply put...... God is in control.

It is hard to see sometimes when we are DOWNED. It is hard to understand with open hands and open hearts when we are downed that God is in control.  Do I accept His Sovereignty with open hands and open heart.........Do I surrender to His Will..........Letting go of my own........

Will I find You in the tragedy?  Will I see You in sorrow and grief? Will You be there when my head is all messy and I forget who I am in the light of Your truth? Will You be there even when it hurts?

I AM........

WE like the DOWNED LOGS in our own decay, pain, sorrow and grief.......need NUTRIENTS TO LIVE.

Where do you get your SOUL FOOD and nutrients to live and be healthy. SPIRITUALLY HEALTHY THAT IS........Jesus knew where to go.  He went to His Father.

Over and over in the bible it talks of Jesus going alone to pray. He knew where His strength would come from....

Strength to face and walk towards affliction, agony, anguish, suffering.....Jesus walked towards the CROSS......

Will you go to the Garden of Gethsemane?  Is it hard to go their with Jesus?  Can you walk with Him there?  Can you hear God the Son praying to God the Father?

Matthew 26:36-39 Jesus went with his disciples to a place called Gethsemane. When they got there, he told them,  "Sit here while I go over there and pray." Jesus took along Peter and the two brothers, James and John.  HE WAS VERY SAD AND TROUBLED and he said to them, "I am SO SAD that I feel as if I am DYING........

Jesus......Sweet, sweet Jesus.........

In the Amplified version Matt 26:38 Jesus says..........I am almost dying of SORROW.......

Jesus loves you so very much.  He is no stranger to your sorrow, grief and pain. And when we are DOWN......Let's hang on to him and His Word.  Hold fast to His Truth........

Psalms 34:18
The Lord is close to the brokenhearted
and saves those who are crushed in spirit




"Prayer is not overcoming God's reluctance, but laying hold of His willingness." Martin Luther.











No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading!