Thursday, December 12, 2013

REMEMBERING THE BABY

So here I am on the twelfth of December with not one twinkling light up, not one Christmas card sent, not even one gift bought or wrapped, no tree, no angel...........

So what do I do.....

I know what I have done in the past. I have cried, felt overwhelmed, blamed my husband, kids, UPS guy for not helping and been anything BUT JOLLY.

But this time I choose to REMEMBER THE BABY.........

The STAR that twinkled and the Magi said, "where is the one who has been born king of the Jews?" We saw his STAR when it rose and have come to worship him.”  The STAR that led their way and the STAR they had seen when it rose went ahead of them until it stopped over the place where the child was.  When they saw the STAR, they were overjoyed.

I want to remember you God......that you show me the way to go too.

You're written WORD.  The prophetic Word of God that tells of the Christ Child to come. He will be born of a virgin and He will be called, "Immanuel meaning", God with us. God with me. God with you. God with the world.  The same God that used Rahab the harlot, the girl with the bad reputation and she believed and risked it all for her faith was in a God she had never seen.  For if you look and run your finger down the names in your written Word ......Hebrews 11 Abraham, Joseph, and Moses and there she is Rahab. Rahab was in the lineage of the baby....Jesus.

I want to remember God that you waste nothing in my life and like Rahab there is nothing you can't redeem for your Glory. Oh such faith!

The GIFTS for the baby.......Gold, Frankincense and Myrrh brought by men to give to the royal, divine...... born to die BABY.

I want to remember God the GIFTS you have given me. You loved me enough to be born only to die, born to take away the sins of the world.  A born to die baby for me.  The Gift of the Holy Spirit and the Gifts you have given me to reach a lost world.  I want to remember to carry them with me like the Magi did. LONG. FAR. To not grow tired of doing what you have called me to do with your GIFTS. The GIFT of this baby.  The GIFT of grace, goodness and mercy that pursue me not on just my good days but all the days of my life. OH THESE GIFTS....THESE BEAUTIFUL FOR ME GIFTS.

Right there in Isaiah 11 we’re told this baby would be like a great TREE growing out of the stump of Jesse. God planting a TREE  in Bethlehem. A shoot will come up from the stump of Jesse; from his roots a Branch will bear fruit.” Isaiah 11:1 Jesus came to give life. Jesus came to bear fruit. This TREE the living tree....
Because this tree, this Jesus of Nazareth is someone you’ll never want to throw out or store away in a box. And that is because of the life and changes He’ll bring to your life.

I want to remember God.... THIS BABY..... Angel Gabriel speaks to Mary saying, "Greetings, you who are highly favored!  The Lord is with you...."Do not be afraid Mary; you have found favor with God.  You will conceive and give birth to a son, and you are to call him JESUS.  He will be great and will be called the Son of the Most High. The Lord God will give him the throne of his father David...

God in a manger.
This will be a sign to you: You will find a baby wrapped in cloths and lying in a manger Luke 2:12...because of this baby in these cloths I now am clothed with garments of salvation and arrayed in a robe of righteousness...And when I am greatly troubled and afraid you are my God and you will  strengthen me. You will help me and hold me in your hand.

And so everyday I want to remember this baby....

Isaiah 9:6 For to us a Child is born, to us a Son is given; and the government shall be upon His shoulder, and His name shall be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

Merry Christmas













No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading!